We are a positive campaign that is attempting to communicate with Nintendo for the release of three critically-acclaimed RPGs: Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. Part of our campaign being positive means we do not promote or condone:
- console modification
- boycott of Nintendo products
- smear campaigns against Nintendo and its executives
- Written and verbal petitions and pleas to Nintendo and its subsidiaries
- Submission of works of fanart, music, poetry, etc.
- Retail purchases of Nintendo products
- Encouraging a positive view of Nintendo as a company, even though we may disagree with some of the business decisions they have made recently
- Encouraging Nintendo executives to see that there exists a market for RPGs, "niche" titles, and "core" games on Wii console by purchasing these titles and recommending them to others.
I hope I was able to clear a few things up!
Podcasts and future Weekly Rain updates
Our The Weekly Rain updates and The Downpour podcast have gotten off track lately due to our staff all having busy schedules with work, school, and other outside activities. I just wanted everyone to know that starting this month we're hoping to have things back on track for everyone. Our "Weekly Rain" updates have been kinda backwards, that will also be fixed beginning with the 11/13-11/19 update, which will be posted on Saturday, November 19th. We'll be offering both a full-length blog post as well as a simplified summary poster that can be easily spread around the internet.
Here what to expect from now on:
- (1) monthly podcast (The Downpour) (Expect to hear details on this later)
- (1) weekly update (The Weekly Rain) posted each Saturday (covering events that took place between the previous Sunday through the current Saturday as well as news and reminders for the upcoming week) in both a full-text blog AND graphic summary.
- (1) Monthly Wii Game Online Tournament (This month will be Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom on November 27)
- (1) Monthly Monster Hunter Tri Party (Held the first Friday of each month, the next one will be December 2)
Now that things are back on track, here's the recap for this past week:
1) Mission 3-3 has been postponed until Monday, Nov. 21st
2) Translation is on track and proceeding smoothly, thanks to our volunteers (We will name our full list of volunteers in our next blog post)
3) Mission 3-4 (The final mission of Phase 3) is on track for Sun. Nov. 20th
1 & 2) MISSION 3-3 (CODENAME: COLORING BOOK) - The purpose of 3-3 is to get in touch with Nintendo Co., Ltd., located in Japan with a thought provoking letter sent in by the masses of Operation Rainfall followers, combined with works of fanart, emails, and a full print out of our petition and the many review scores praising Xenoblade Chronicles from the UK and US Importers.
3) MISSION 3-4 (Skyward!) - Mission 3-4 is a campaign to raise awareness of the titles globally by encouraging those in Europe and Japan who may not have heard of Xenoblade, The Last Story, or Pandora's Tower to give the games a shot. This campaign will be similar to Nintendo's own "If you liked ____, you may like ____" campaigns, in this case, using The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and the three OpRa RPGs. We'll be spreading the message to everything we can that is attached to Skyward Sword. This is set to begin on Sun. Nov. 20th, but can actually be given a slight headstart this weekend with the Skyward Sword "Intend to Buy" surveys.
We ask that, if possible, you refrain from leaving comments specifically requesting Xenoblade, The Last Story, and/or Pandora's Tower on Nintendo's Facebook page until further notice.
Hopefully that clears things up for everyone. Have a great week!